I had a very short day at work. Seems even healthy people are staying home in self-quarantine. I needed a pick me up for the drive home and said: “I don’t know whether to listen to Shiva mantras or really loud angry music, I think either would help, surprise me.”
I hit shuffle on the all songs view and got the following list: Seems God was listening and thought he’d give me an amusing mix of both. It made me really happy and I felt validated. Everything really is going to be okay, no matter what.
The 5th track was really appropriate and a good beat to listen to. I thought I’d share it here.(About 3 minutes into the track there’s a really appropriate quote.) https://youtu.be/zsCrrb92pf0
Anyways, I thought I’d add to my previous thoughts on the matter.
1st: the following is all of the things that could have killed me and didn’t, for which I’m ever so grateful.
- Asthma attacks
- Severe allergies
- Flu for all but a few of my 37 years of life.
- Super severe chicken pox at not quite 2yo, so bad they were in my mouth and throat.
- Suicidal depression
- Semi-truck crossing the median of the highway and missing me by inches.
- Almost driving my car into an overpass pylon.
- Almost driving my car into a pond.
- Ragweed season sent me to the ER 3 times.
- Giving birth twice.
Next: pandemics of previous years.
Has H1N1 been eradicated? No: “Although the new H1N1 is still here and will continue to cause disease, it has become much like any other flu strain…”
Has Zikka been eradicated? Nope, definitely still a threat.
Has West Nile been eradicated? No, it is still a common threat every mosquito season.
Has bird flu (H5N1) been eradicated? Has H7N9 Asian flu been eradicated? Yes and no, there are no new human cases, but the virus still exists.
Has Ebola been eradicated? The outbreak that started in 2018 in DRC has slowed but it has not been eradicated.
Finally, fun (or really gross) germ facts readily available.
- Money: http://content.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1914560_1914558_1914544,00.html
- Bathrooms: https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/3272186/this-is-how-many-germs-are-lurking-in-your-bathroom-and-youll-be-horrified-at-the-dirtiest-spot/ or https://time.com/5514669/bacteria-germs-bathroom/
- Gadgets: https://www.forbes.com/sites/reehines/2015/08/11/5-gadgets-with-more-germs-than-your-toilet-seat/
- General: https://www.tchc.org/blog/2018/12/12/hand-hygiene-and-germ-facts/ or https://www.houseofwellness.com.au/lifestyle/healthy-living/10-facts-about-germs
If you live in this world, you are exposed to literally millions of germs every day. Your immune system protects you from most of them nearly all the time. In fact the human body carries nearly as many microbes (germs) as there are cells, and nearly everybody carries hundreds of diseases at any one time. Be grateful our systems function so well.
I for one completely understand good hygiene. Between elementary school, high school, college, and massage school (including including CEUs on MRSA and AIDS) it has pretty well been beaten into my head. I’m more sanitary on a lazy day than some nurse aids I’ve worked with. Mainly it boils down to whether I time my hand scrubbing between clients, but I always wash up to my elbows, so there’s no 10 second wash for me in the first place. My biggest lapse is not washing my side table every day, but I still keep my wash ratio to less than a dozen people even for that surface. I know that I do things to encourage wellness and reduce any disease transmission, and that doesn’t require meltdowns or Mass Hysteria.
May you all understand your place in this world. May you find a calm knowing you’re more likely to stay healthy than have severe difficulties. May you understand that if someone dies it was their time to go and they would have died whether it was H1N1 or this ‘new’ virus or pneumonia or cancer or whatever (death is between an individual and God, and I can’t count how many times medical staff have saved an elderly person to have them die within days from something else). May you know it’s not your time to go. May you figure out how to rise above this Mass Hysteria. May you feel your connection to God and see your moments of validation. May you feel safe and secure.
Siva Hir Su