The short and long of it.
First the short…
Last night I got into a proverbial knock down, drag out argument with my father. I yelled A LOT. My dad yelled some but would not budge, apologize, or relinquish that his beliefs were hurtful. He barely acknowledged things I expected more from him on, especially when I told him of the molestation as a child.
Apparently God wanted this moment to happen. It was triggered while my inhibitions were laxed and I responded with all of my being. In the midst of all of it I kept feeling guidance on what to say and how to point things out. Towards the end of it, before I gave up and went to bed I heard God loud and clear. “That is why he is dieig, he refuses to budge and refuses to reach for better.” I had just responded to dad’s “I can’t change who I am”, with an emphatic “you are making that choice”. Then after God’s input I told him what God said and went to bed.
The argument covered all of his hurtful behaviors and actions. He justified it all with those are just things we disagree on. Everything from his racist behavior, to Trump support, to gender and sexual descrimination. At one point I spoke of his desire to keep women from having abortions. I pointed out that if I had been only a few years older when I was molested it could have produced a child. I pointed out Katherine’s conception when things were so bad and I had no solutions. I said if you want to revoke the right to abortion, then how on Earth do you solve those problems. He had no answer and didn’t care to find one, only make an excuse for his steadfastness.
Once I gave up and went to bed, Nathan took over trying to reason with him, the unreasonable. I sat and listened to a message notification that fit precisely and was God congratulating me. Then I meditated to my liquid mind Pandora station.
I thanked God so much and explained I loved God and I could now clearly differentiate God from my father or anyone for that matter. I saw God’s hand in bringing Nathan into my life to make up for all which lacked with my father. It was a strongly intense conversation with God, ending with a knowing that my father will not fully understand until he has his croaking experience, but that once on the other side he will get it all and be a better Father than he ever was alive. I also had a much stronger knowing of ME.
The long of it.
I now see every last thing that my father taught and continues to demonstrate. I saw every last hurtful thing he ingrained in me and could see God’s version. It was so freeing and healing for me. My body lit up with God’s light and I felt the healing in every part of me that needed it.
- God does not put guns in people’s hands for protection or food, people put guns in each other’s hands for killing, based on war/control and fear.
- We don’t have to shoot animals to eat. God provides fruits and vegetables and fish that can be caught or gathered by hand or with simple tools.
- God does not molest or rape, men do. And when man takes advantage of woman, God is okay with whatever the woman needs to heal, no matter what, whether it means abortion or yelling at a dieing father. A woman taking her power back is okay with the divine.
- God does not hurt people, people hurt people.
- God does not discriminate for any reason, people do.
- God loves women for their beauty, for their strength, for their compassion for humanity.
- God wanted me to find my knowing and fully heal and it felt really good. I feel 20 pounds lighter of anger, frustration, and feelings of rejection.
- My father demonstrated repeatedly for my entire life that women are objects to look at, scrutinize, use as sexual objects or toys, and own. Women are beautiful creatures that bring us all into the world, without them a man could not exist. We deserve every ounce of honor, respect, recognition, and understanding. Women deserve to be heard and be treated equally. Women are free to choose. Women are deserving of the easy path, and of all the love and more. Women deserve full healing, and if that means the old dies then that is okay.
- My father always demonstrated that I could never do things right, I was not beautiful, my choices were always wrong, and he was the only one that could make correct decisions, I must listen to the man. I took my power back. I am perfect just the way I am. I am smart, I am capable, I can make good decisions for me and my loving family, and I deserve to be honored and respected. Men can and will listen to women for a change, or the human race will quickly dwindle.
- My father has demonstrated racism through my entire life. From Confederate flags, to calling black people niggers, to threatening to shoot a black man at a gas station over loud music, to refusing to acknowledge Nathan as a loving partner. He refuses to see how that is a hurtful choice and is okay making excuses for his behaviors. Last night after presenting Nathan to my father in a blunt matter-of-fact way about all of his good qualities my dad refuses to acknowledge, I said “Nathan is the kind loving man that I needed as a child and you failed to be”. God knows I needed Nathan. God loves and accepts Nathan. God supports me having Nathan and will never send me someone that can’t see that. I know that after my father croaks he will see God’s perspective.
- God provides us a middle path. There is never this or that, there is never only two ways to do something. There is always infinite possibility, and only human choice of perspective limits possibilities. We need to allow ourselves as a race to allow for more possibilities. Our country has more than two parties to choose from, and there is still even a possibility that Bernie could still be elected and win. God can help fix all of the division if we all agree to allow him. Hold with your heart what you want to happen in our world and God will align everything. If your heart can’t hold it then it isn’t reaching for better, it’s just trying to not get worse. As a nation and world we deserve better.
- God wants us to know without a doubt that we have choices and infinite possibilities.
- God wants us to know we are loved and we all deserve the easy path.
- God wants us to know we have rights and those rights must be honored and respected for all.
- Yelling has it’s place and can lead to healing as long as one moves on once release is gained.
- Clinging to old beliefs prevents us from living full healthy lives.
- If beliefs are hurtful to others then God and your higher self want you to reach for better and if you refuse it will cause the end of your life.
- I have changed, I yelled and screamed and made points, but never lost my connection to God. I was reaching for better. I was trying to get my father to understand, but more I was taking my power back and proving to myself that his hurtful beliefs were not mine and not God’s. I was honoring myself and my husband in the strongest most vocal way possible, and God loved me for it.
- I allowed myself real healing and could feel God’s touch in my body.
- I respect people, even my father to a degree, but more I respect myself.
- I love my father- dysfunction and all, but more I love myself.
- I let it all out and let myself move on, and God let me know it is okay.
- My heart is more open than it has been in decades and I am so very grateful for it and God’s grace.
- I know I am deserving of love, and especially someone that accepts Nathan as part of my life.
- I am deserving of being heard and understood.
- The whole world is deserving of equality and the old dieing and taking their damage with them. It is time for a great healing purge worldwide.
- Every person alive needs to make a habit of asking themselves: “How does God see this, and does that mean I need to change and reach for better?”
- Love is more important than anything else in this world, and sometimes that means putting that which is right and putting yourself first at all costs.
May you find your path to intense healing moments a bit easier than I did. May you know and hear God guiding you. May you know God supports your growth and reaching for better regardless of what that looks like. May you know you are loved, heard, understood, and supported in multiplicity. May you clear rough patches knowing God guided you through them. May you know your better choices are okay, and if you don’t like the results you can try again. May you know you are perfectly imperfect in God’s eyes. May you feel God’s love always.
Siva Hir Su