I stopped myself- twice.
I read an extremely biased news article that got me all riled up and angry and frustrated. It seems news no longer understands unbiased reporting because every news agency does it to one degree or another. Yet, I know deep in my being that either side is just a manifestation of our societal constructs which creates endless reasons to fight with each other. It is a toxic endless battle on whatever topic you choose and it is counter productive to my own personal goals for growth. So when the article caused me to speak my own truth, but out of that frustration and anger, I watched expressions change on faces of coworkers and stopped myself from continuing on knowing my words did not set well with them. I started to write it out and thought better of that as well.
Believe what you want to believe. Argue for what you want to argue for OR against. You’ll continue to get both regardless.
I choose neither. Somewhere there is a middle ground of freedom.
I choose that middle road. The middle path which is less clear and frequently uncharted.
I acknowledge that not all of my beliefs serve me very well and I choose to improve on them. I also acknowledge that my experiences and learning/knowledge have formed many of my beliefs and running practices. Again, some of those serve me well and some don’t.
My recent awareness is one such moment. I sometimes wish I had the naive view that vaccines are the perfectly safe and perfect miracle that all of Western medicine would like us all to believe. Unfortunately my knowledge, daily awareness and intuition tell me otherwise. However, regardless of my knowing none of that helps me reach for healthy. In fact it gets me riled up and angry, which is a source of stress and not helpful in my own personal search for healing.
So I sit and acknowledge that my middle path must acknowledge several things.
- No government, even going back to the beginning of civilized humanity, has truly and completely solved anything for everyone. But all governments help in some ways.
- No medical institution has ever truly and completely solved disease and doctors are not God. Yet there are some helpful elements of medicine, and we can all reach for more of those and less of the risky unreliable rushed ones.
- Fighting for or against anything only begets more of the reason to fight. So reaching for the middle is always the best answer- see the positives and logical basis of both sides to reach for solutions.
- Everyone chooses a belief based upon something. Finding the common ground is where solutions lie.
- True solutions only come when people agree to work together and compromise and take the strengths of either side to apply them to processes intent on improvement.
- I am a small fish in a big sea of people wanting real solutions.
- I am not alone in feeling like all previous attempts have been futility in action. So that means I am not alone in knowing that we probably should have just reached for the best normal we could muster and let go of the struggle, fighting and fear.
- I am one of billions, even trillions, wanting safer and more reliable options, that allow for freedoms and multiple choices.
- Governments know that when they are faced with forcing people to comply they know they have ultimately already lost the battle. Every historical instance of that has always been been overturned or reversed and often after major battles/wars and government restructuring. It would be nice if the latter was avoided this time.
- Everyone wants to feel safe and also have the freedom of travel and living life as usual.
- Governments may not be entirely reliable on all fronts, but they often do their best to reach for solutions for the most and they rarely actually put anything into place that is significantly questionable. They are aware that if something is on weak stance to begin with, that they are unlikely to be able to maintain it even if they try to start it. Those things rarely become laws and seemingly never remain as such.
- My most important choice is to let all of this go and reach for my center, my middle path.
- I must find the knowing that all is well and I am here to create change in whatever way that means.
- Only in the middle, will I find the peace to enable my own healing.
- I am helping. I am healing.
- I am healing myself from top to bottom, inside and out, every nerve, every muscle, every organ, every cell, every molecule, every atom.
- I bring healing to others as well.
- I allow my own healing to spill forth to heal my environment and everyone I come in contact with.
- I trust that my ripples of light will enable God to bring even greater healing to the world as a whole.
- I am now capable of seeing the fight for it’s toxicity and it has enabled more control over finding the middle path more frequently.
- I am grateful that I have been able to care for myself and my family.
- I am grateful that we have survived Covid twice when the system reacted too slowly to matter for us.
- I am grateful I have been able to improve both mine and my husband’s health.
- I am grateful I have healthy beautiful children.
- I am grateful I’ve been able to maintain my home and work, in all the ways that means.
- I am grateful I have enough to get through these times.
- I am grateful that I am strong enough, and smart enough, and aware enough, to navigate all of these many complex elements during this time.
- I am grateful I have access to healthy foods, vitamins and supplements which enable healing for me and those I love.
- I am capable and aware. “I am lion hear me roar.” My own abilities are my greatest asset and I thank God for every day that I have lived and overcome. Without my genetics, life experience and exposures, I would not be who I am today. I have done great things that society never even noticed, all because I am who I am and my divine blessings were not easily documentable for another’s view.
- I saw the sun shine, the wind blow, birds at feeders and pets on laps. I saw beautiful flowers and wildlife being themselves. This world is good when we allow it.
- I am grateful I took the time for me, and that I see the beauty in the easy moments. Life is better with less struggle.
May you see your middle path. May you feel genuine gratitude for being here in this world. May your inner knowing guide you to your way through all that is. May you find the ease and relish in every moment. May you know for certain that through ease and flow is healing. Above all may you know that God supports you in all that you do.
“The Middle Path is doing whatever is neither side in the current moment.” – ME aka Treasa Cailleach